Beatrice Veteran's Memorial Park
A beautiful and lasting memorial park dedicated to the military men and women of the United States who have served our great country. Veterans Memorial Park was dedicated on May 31, 2005. The mission of this project adopted by the Beatrice Rotary Club was and still is to build and maintain a permanent memorial park to honor all military men and women of the United States who served or are currently serving our country.
Veterans Memorial Park is located at 1050 South 6th Street in Beatrice (just south of the Big Blue River on Highway 77). The park features a memorial plaza using five points of the star symbolizing the military branches: Army, Navy, Air Force, Marines, and Coast Guard. The center of the plaza provides the stage for the United States flag. Beautiful planting beds, trees and lights surround the plaza.
Walls of Honor contain inscriptions of veterans who have served or are still serving our country. Inscriptions are added on an ongoing basis,
Ten historical pedestals mounted with pictorial plaques containing photos and historical text are located in the park depicting how Gage County “Answered the Call” from the early wars through the present.
A WWII sculpture was installed during the summer of 2009 dedicated to all soldiers with a special tribute to Nebraska National Guard Company C. The 2nd sculpture was installed during the summer of 2013. This sculpture honors both male and female soldiers serving since the inception of the Gulf War. Additional sculptures will continue to be placed in the park as funds are raised.